The ThermoWorks Square Dot Digital Thermometer differs from the original as it features two channels; Channel 1 works as an alarm thermometer which can be programmed with the left and right buttons. Channel two has two modes with the default being ‘Average Mode’, which shows a running average temperature of the last 15 minutes, starting when the alarm is first reached so that you can track the temperature as you cook and adjust it to suit your recipe. You can also disable Average Mode and it will function as another alarm channel.
On top of these new features, the Square Dot also has a large, bright backlit display for quick reading, and an easy to use interface with IP66 rated molded-in splash-proof seals to protect against drips, splashes, and rain. It also comes with a fold-out stand and a magnetic back so that it can be used in all kinds of places! With a 5000 hour battery life, you can take this thermometer anywhere without needing to worry about a powerpoint or batteries. Like the original Dot, it can display measurements in Celsius and Fahrenheit, it suits the ThermoWorks Pro-Series High Temp probe range and is well-suited for the commercial, competitive, or home kitchen.
The ThermoWorks Square Dot comes with a 4.5 inch pro-series High Temp Straight Probe and a Pro-Series High Temp Air Probe and Grate Clip.
• Suited for the commercial, competitive, or home kitchen
• Features two channels; an alarm thermometer and average mode
• Average mode shows a running average temperature of the last 15 minutes
• Large, bright backlit display
• Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
• Easy to use interface
• Molded-in splash-proof seals
• Fold-out stand
• Magnetic back
• 5000 hour battery life
• Suits the ThermoWorks Pro-Series High Temp probe range
• Comes with a 4.5 inch Pro-Series High Temp Straight Probe and a Pro-Series High Temp Air Probe and Grate Clip.
The Perfect Steak Co is an authorised Australian agent for Thermoworks in Australia and buying from us ensures that in the rare event that you have to make a claim you have a local voice on the phone. If there is ever a problem please see the warranty information here.
- Square Dot Operating Instructions
- Square Dot Info Sheet
Thermoworks have advised that some models of induction cooktops can create a temporary interference with digital electronic thermometers when they are used nearby. The amount of interference and the best solution will depend on the model of the cooktop.
Here are some solutions that should get a reading:
- Remove food from the cooktop to take a quick reading away from the magnetic field
- Remove the pan from the cooktop which will break the magnetic field
- Briefly turn off the induction cooktop during the reading