- 1 x Rib eye steak per person
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure salt flakes salt,
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 extra-large prawns (peeled and deveined, tails left on) per peson
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Lightly brush the steaks with oil and season evenly with 2 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for at least minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking 400 F
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and garlic until the butter melts and comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the prawns in a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the garlic butter; reserve the remaining butter. Season the shrimp with the lemon zest, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the red pepper flakes.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks as per standard method. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Grill the prawns on bbq with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are firm to the touch, lightly charred, and just turning opaque in the center, about 5 minutes, turning once.
Reheat the butter. Serve the steaks warm with prawns to side or on top.
Serving Suggestion: Blanched snow peas, sesame seeds and baby boiled potato’s.